Air Duct Sanitation, Commercial Air Duct Cleaning, & HVAC Duct Cleaning In Moonachie, Newark, Jersey City, Weehawken, NJ, New York City, NY, and the Surrounding Areas
Helping Make Sick Buildings Healthy
HVAC Duct Cleaning by Air Ref
What is a ‘Sick Building’?
A Sick Building is a building in which its environment puts occupants at risk for upper respiratory infections.
Yes, it’s a real thing…and it has a tremendous impact on the health and wellbeing of your employees:
- 1 out of 4 buildings in the US can be classified as SICK
- 64 MILLION workers frequently experience two or more symptoms associated with SICK BUILDING SYNDROME (SBS) at work including nose irritation, eye irritation, and headaches.
- 20% of all illnesses are either caused by or aggravated by, polluted indoor air.
Since 1990, indoor air pollution has ranked as one of the TOP FIVE environmental risks to public health.
It is estimated that throughout the world, a death occurs EVERY 20 SECONDS due to poor indoor air quality.
“Indoor air pollution is one of our biggest environmental health threats…
bigger than toxic waste sites and the destruction of the ozone layer.”
–ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY
Most companies aren’t aware of the correlation between unhealthy IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) and employee illnesses. The CDC attributes 14 million missed workdays every year to asthma, which is commonly triggered by poor IAQ. Poor IAQ results in estimated losses in productivity in excess of 60 BILLION dollars annually.
2 out of 5 indoor air quality problems involve inefficient HVAC and Air Duct Systems.
Your HVAC System acts as the ‘lungs’ of your facility. It draws air in, filters it, heats or cools it, then circulates it. An inefficient or ill-maintained system recirculates allergens, contaminants, dust mites, and a host of other irritants, including fungi and bacteria. 1 out of 6 people who suffer from allergies do so because of the direct relationship to fungi and bacteria in Air Duct Systems.
IMPROVING YOUR IAQ
Regularly scheduled HVAC Cleaning is the most affordable and effective way to improve and maintain good IAQ (Indoor Air Quality). Air Ref has the skill, training, and experience to provide superior Air Duct inspection and cleaning. Air Ref technicians follow a process that delivers the results you and your employees deserve:
- SITE WALKTHROUGH – This allows our technicians to visually inspect ductwork and other visible system components, identify areas where the potential for dirt buildup may be greater, and determine the scope of the job.
- CAMERA SCOPE INSPECTION – Camera Scope Inspection allows us to see inside your ductwork. Our technicians can often identify mold and/or mildew growth within the ductwork, moisture accumulation, perforations/leaks, and other possible issues.
- BLUEPRINT REVIEW – Understanding the design and layout of your ductwork by reviewing blueprints saves time and helps us protect critical areas and components, avoiding possible problems.
IMPROVING YOUR BOTTOM LINE
HVAC ductwork cleaning reduces the symptoms and effects of Sick Building Syndrome. It not only improves indoor air quality: it also improves your profitability.
Professional HVAC cleaning can increase the efficiency of your cooling system by as much as 30%. Just 1% improved productivity is equivalent to the entire energy costs of a building.
Enjoy the health and financial benefits of Improved Air Quality with professional HVAC ductwork cleaning by Air Ref.